Monthly Archives: June 2016
In case you missed it, here are instructions to get you setup:
- Choose General from the home screen
- Choose your required orientation of either landscape or portrait
- Press Next and choose the label length if it is a continuous media
- Press finish to continue to your new label design
- Press Insert to add a textbox, barcode, image/symbol and shapes
- Drag a corner or edge to resize an object
- Drag from the centre to move an object
- Tap the bubble on the top left corner to change object settings such as text size and styles for a textbox
- Tap and hold an object for cut, copy, paste and alignment
- Tap and hold an empty space
It's a question that's only been asked maybe once or twice, but it's a good question. Can a clear tape stuck on top of a direct thermal label protect it from UV, rain and other outdoor elements? In theory I would have said yes it would protect it from rain, dirt and abrasion but not from the hot ultraviolet and infrared exposure of the sun. Of course this meant some testing was to be done.
On the 2ndof May I printed a label on a Brother QL-560 I happen to have on my desk (any brand direct thermal label will most likely have the same effect). I also have a roll of clear polyester that in my drawer which was perfect for this test. I stuck the DT label on a smooth corner of our building that gets the morning and midday sun, then the clear polyester over the bottom half of the label. What happened over three weeks was rather interesting.
The whole label seemed to get slightly darker from the original white.
What's in the box:
- PT-P750W label printer
- UK power adaptor
- USB cable
- 24mm black on white TZe sample tape (4m)
- User manual and software CD
7 JunVideo not playing? Click here! In case you missed it, here is a step by step guide from the video:Read more »
- Click "Insert" and "Date/Time..."
- Choose your the "Date Format"
- Choose whether to have an automatic offset by ticking the "Add/Subtract" checkbox
- Adjust the "Unit Type" and "Time Period" if required
- Click "OK" to insert
- Move, resize and change the font as required