Thermal label printer, label tape and label specialists.
Labelzone.co.uk is a specialist supplier of label printers, label tape cartridges and thermal printer labels. Our stocks of Brady, Brother P-Touch, Casio and Dymo products are more comprehensive than any other European distributor. The range of label printers is extensive, so please feel free to call an Advisor on 0800 975 5040
Based in Poole, Dorset we are committed to offering:
- Friendly, expert advice to ensure you find the right label printer for your application - give us a call on freephone 0800 975 5040.
- Free UK delivery - Free UK standard delivery on all orders, this applies to label printers, labels, printer ribbons and accessories. Next day delivery is available for a nominal charge
- Worldwide shipping/overseas buyers - you will have a dedicated export team to ensure your order arrives safely and securely.
- Bespoke label service - you have a specific labelling requirement, but you're not sure where to start. Contact us and we'll sort it for you.
Some of the new products added to our range include A4 laser sheet labels and A4 inkjet labels.
Our regular customers may have noticed that we have moved to new premises. As part of our expansion and growth, it was time to leave our three industrial units that had been home to the business for 20 years. The new larger offices and warehouse is located next door and now features a trade counter for local customer collections. You are welcome to order online or by phone and collect Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm.
We now offer a full colour label, decal and sticker printing service. Primarily aimed at customers wanting short runs, we can supply labels of almost any size & shape, from single colour to full colour. Samples of decals, stickers and signs are available on request or just send us your artwork and we'll send you a sample.
The label printer market is becoming more complex as the range of product choices expands on an almost daily basis.
Here at LabelZone we find that one of the common problems is that customers get confused choosing the correct print technology for their application. Direct thermal and thermal transfer print process will generate a very similar looking labels yet the end result could be useless if the wrong label printer technology is used.
To help you make the right choice of printer hardware and labels we strongly recommend that you call us on 01202 683212 and talk about your requirements with one of our product specialists. We will be pleased advise you on the correct product selections.
A brief summary of the two common label printing technologies:-
Direct Thermal printing - is where the label printer uses no print ribbon, the labels have a heat sensitive coating which turns black to create the image as it passes over the print head in the printer. Pro’s
- Ideal for short life labels such as shipping and packaging labels
- Uses no addition consumable (ribbon or ink)
- Quicker for printer operators to reload their printers
- Direct thermal label printers tend to be cheaper than TT/DT printers
- Shorter label life expectancy than thermal transfer labels
- Will fade rapidly in direct sunlight
- Very poor water resistance
- Limited range of direct thermal compatible label materials
Thermal Transfer printing - is where the label printer uses a print ribbon which is transferred onto the label surface using heat from the printhead.
- Ideal for long life labels such as asset labels & serial number labels
- Excellent print quality
- Good range of print colours available
- Huge choice of labels and tags that can be printed using thermal transfer
- Print ribbon required
- Initial label printer cost is slightly higher than a basic DT model
With our years of experience in the label printer business we are happy to help you choose the correct label printer for your requirements and also advise on the best labels. The range of label printers that you can choose from is vast so please feel free to contact us.
June 14 2016